11.22.2004

Corrections Department

I got this email concerning my column today:

All opinions should be respected at WSN.
But in today's op-ed about israeli-palestinian conflict, Shaun Mchelenny, among other lies, writes that Israel was invaded in 1967. Is this some kind of joke?
From the Israeli Defence Forces website: "The Six-Day [1967] War started with a far-reaching air attack, code named ?Moked?, to shatter the Arab air forces while their aircraft were still on the ground."


Ok, slight error on my part. It slipped my mind that 1967 was an Israeli pre-emption of an Arab invasion that was sure to come. In the grand scheme, though, recapturing land that belonged to Israel in a war against an invading force, as opposed to recapturing land that belonged to Israel in a war against a to-be-invading force, doesn't make much of a difference.

I guess there have been so many attempts to eliminate Israel, I can't help but get them confused...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home